Posts Tagged Comparison
A car insurance comparison site may be used to find a large number of quotations quickly and easily when you’re looking for the best value automobile coverage. In this article we will discuss the best way to go about using one of these sites to find the best deal. We will examine what information you need to have available, why it is important to get a variety of quotes and how you can further reduce your costs by shopping around for discounts. After reading this article you should be able to successfully use a car insurance comparison website to find a suitable automobile coverage policy.
The information you need to have available before using a comparison site is quite easy to gather. You’ll need to know the make and model of your vehicle. Who will be the principal driver and also the details of any other people who will be driving the vehicle. You’ll also need to decide what level of coverage you require and the amount of any deductible that you want.
It is important to get a variety of quotes from a large range of the top auto insurance companies. Quotations can vary considerably between competing insurers. All of these companies want your business but some may be more inclined to offer you a reasonable quote based on your details. So it is very important to do some comparison shopping before making a final decision. By using a car insurance comparison site it may be possible to save yourself several hundred dollars on the cost of your annual premiums.
When comparison-shopping for auto insurance quotes you should keep an eye out for the various discounts which may be available to you. Many insurers offer a 10% discount to new customers who purchase their automobile insurance from them via their website. This may be enough of an incentive to get you to switch from your current provider to a different one. You may also qualify for discounts based on your age and occupation. If you belong to a professional association or union they may have negotiated pre agreed discounts with an insurance company on your behalf.
To sum up, using a car insurance comparison site is a recommended method of reducing the cost of your automobile coverage. Before getting any quotes you should decide exactly what cover you’re looking for. You should get a variety of quotes from several different companies. Finally, you should look around to see if you qualify for any discounts that may be available. These last two points can be effective methods of reducing your premiums considerably.
Tips for Car insurance comparison
To help make sure you get the best from your car insurance comparison research here are just a few useful tips.
1. Go online
There are some very easy to use insurance comparison websites that can take all of the hassle and stress out of comparing policies. These comparison websites can offer products from all the leading insurance companies and also some of the smaller independent providers. This gives you a vast range of policies to choose from at just the click of a button.
2. Be Prepared
Before you start looking at insurance comparison websites you do need to have the some basic information ready to go. In order to return relevant quotes you will need to input certain details which can include:
· Your Details- insurers will request a few personal details (name, address and telephone number). You will not have to provide any financial details such as your bank account or credit card number at this stage so be wary of any website/provider that requires these details before you can continue.
· Driving History- you may need to provide information about your driving record including how long you have been driving and if you have any points on your license or driving related convictions.
· Car Insurance Record- You may also be asked to provide a full record of your car insurance history including the policies you have owned, any claims you have made and your no-claims bonus quota.
· Car Details- you will be required to provide details of your car before you can get quotes for car insurance comparison. This includes the make, model and registration number. Also you may be asked to provide the estimated value of your car (you can check this by looking at similar cars for sale), your annual mileage, where you keep your car when not in use (driveway, street parking or garage) and also the vehicle use (domestic, commuting, work).
3. Be Honest
It can be tempting to misrepresent your information when it comes to car insurance comparison. For example security is a big issue with car insurance and you can save money by making sure your car is protected against thieves. This means that if you tell your insurer you have an installed an alarm and park your car in a locked private garage you could get lower premiums.
However if this is not true and your insurance company find out any claims you make will be invalid and your policy will be cancelled. It could also be very difficult to get insurance in the future. Only ever state the facts on your insurance application form and when you request quotes for car insurance comparison.
This is because statistically they are more at risk from theft, vandalism and accident. However you can cut the costs of performance car insurance by comparing quotes online.
Online Insurance Quotes
All the top providers offer insurance products online these days. This means you will have a wide range of performance car insurance policies to choose from including different levels of cover and cost. Shopping for performance car insurance quotes online is so much quicker and easier than contacting insurance companies directly. You will also have the added advantage of accessing quotes anytime of the day so there is no waiting around for phone lines to open.
Comparing Insurance Quotes
Using the Internet is a fast and very effective way to search through the hundreds of policies available. You can also compare car insurance online very easily. You can either visit the provider’s website directly for details of the latest offers or even better still use car insurance comparison websites. These websites can offer a huge range of the latest insurance deals that you can compare side-by-side. When you compare car insurance online it will only take you a few moments to find some of the best deals on the market.
Here are a few ways to get the best from online car insurance comparison:
· Preparation- before you compare car insurance online make sure you have all the information you need ready to go. This will include your previous insurance policy details, basic driving record (you must provide information of any previous claims and driving convictions) and vehicle information (make, model and registration). You will also need to know what type of cover you would like and how much you can afford to spend.
· Options- take the time to compare quotes based on different options. For example you could start by comparing policies with their full range of cover options. Then you could eliminate any unnecessary extras and see if this could save you money. By adjusting the options available you can find out where you can save money without getting rid of any essential cover.
· Check Small Print- always read the terms and conditions provided with each policy very carefully before you apply. There may be some important factors to consider that are only revealed in the small print. For example a policy may list that it offers courtesy car cover. However when you read the small print you could find out the car is only provided in limited circumstances. In reality this cover would not be very helpful and so you could save money by opting out of it or choosing an alternative policy.